Thursday 11 April 2013

QQrice - Novena



NOVENA - SQUARE 2 - QQRICE

They were having 10% off for the Rice Rolls so I decided to try it out.

Choose from 5 different types of rice - Brown, Mixed Grain, Wheat Germ Brown, Purple and Supreme Combination.

After that, you get to stuff your roll with 5 fillings from a nice variety. 
They have a vegetarian section too! 
Some examples of their fillings are tuna, mock meat, crabsticks, bakkwa, seaweed chicken, kidney beans, broccoli, coleslaw, shimeji mushrooms and many more! 
Some fillings are marked as premium, meaning you'll have to pay S$0.30 more for them.

This can be a rather healthy meal if you choose your fillings wisely. 
The rice itself is full of nutrition, and you have the option to pack the roll with vegetables and healthy meat.


Purple Rice
 I decided to give the purple rice a try since it looked interesting! 
The roll is about palm-sized and the rice is firmly packed.
It makes a great takeaway since it can be easily eaten on the go. 
The store has tables and chairs for dine-ins too.
The roll was still warm when I unwrapped it.


Purple Rice stuffed with 5 Different Fillings
I chose from the vegetarian section for my fillings. 
My choice includes - cucumbers, seaweed, spicy radish, mushrooms and vegetarian floss.
The cucumbers and floss gave it a nice crunch.
The seaweed and radish were flavourful.
The purple rice tasted somewhat like brown rice.
Overall, the warm rice wrapped around a mixture of tasty and crunchy ingredients made the meal an enjoyable one!

[9/10]
S$4.00 (after discount) 


I found out later that there's an optional choice of adding a sauce. 
The lady at the counter told me nothing of this though!


Healthy Rice Porridge with 3 Toppings
I decided to give their porridge (breakfast item) a go. 
The porridge was made from Mixed Grain. I could see pieces of barley in the porridge.
I chose long beans, peanuts and mock duck meat for the toppings.

The porridge was thick and sticky, and the grains were rather chewy.
There was a strong taste of ginger, which I disliked. I find that ginger only complements meat-based porridge well (such as pork porridge). Unlike the strong meaty flavour found in meat-based porridges, this one was rather bland by itself, so the ginger taste stood out.

Thankfully, the mock duck meat and the sweet peanuts gave the bland porridge more flavour, while the long beans gave a more crunchy texture to the otherwise sticky porridge.

[4/10]
S$3.60







No comments:

Post a Comment